Monday, November 21, 2016

Updated Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Alphabet and Number Bingo Games


Years ago I made my first Chicka Chicka Boom Boom game on the computer.  I made the numbers on word and stamped the colorful dots with a pencil eraser.
When I decided to give TPT a try I made a new version on word with my limited computer skills.  

I did sell a few of my TPT version and it worked fine for most of my students.  However, right now I am working with students who really struggle with identifying their letters.  So I decided it would be a lot easier for them if I used a simple font for the letters and numbers. Also I only made the game in capital letters for the little ones that I am working with this year.  

It has a lot more in it.  So you can adjust the centers and your teaching to the needs of the learner.
 When I put my materials together I put the uppercase and the lowercase back to back to save on laminate.  

The boys in small group had a blast today playing the game.  I was concerned that the letters were not sticking in their brains however after playing the game today I feel much better.  They were excited about yelling out the letter names and singing the song to figure out what letter comes next.  I feel like we are making progress.

If you are interested in more Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Ideas check out these posts: September 18, 2011, September 24, 2011, and September 4, 2012,    

If you are interested in the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Alphabet and Number Bingo please go to my TPT Store.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...