Sunday, September 18, 2011

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Trees





This is one of my literacy centers this week.
My students will be working on matching the beginning sound for each letter of the alphabet.

You will need to put these long alphabet strips together ahead of time.


(It is hard to see the black tree trunk on the black window sill.  )

This week the children will color these pictures. 
pictures were from a Susie Haas project


After they color the pictures they cut them out and glue them on to these long strips that I prepared for them.


The entire alphabet strip rolls up and fits inside the coconut tree.......so the whole alphabet will be inside the coconut tree when they are finished.

I will let them put some colorful stickers on the tree to spell their name......I found some letter stickers at Target in the $1 bins.

This is always an interesting project for me........who can do this by her/him self.......who needs a lot of help.    Who has a hard time keeping track of the pictures........

I highly recommend that the children cut out one picture and glue it down right away!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...