- Class Information--Let the children know that they are in my class.
- Morning Snack--I wanted to make sure they had a snack for the first day of school. It is so sad to watch a child rummage through the entire backpack and not be able to find a snack.
- Daily Schedule--Remind parents when school begins and ends and what time lunch is.
- The First Grade News--I wanted to make sure the parents understood the importance of the newsletter. It is the only place they will find the spelling words and math homework.
- Homework--Here I explain the homework expectations for the year including the Reading Log.
- Webgrader--This will be the first year the parents will be able to view their child's grades online. I want them to be careful not to through away the note that comes home the second week of school with their username and password.
- School Supplies--I feel you can never have enough copies of the School Supply list.
My only disappointment and maybe it is just me being computer challenged but I was not able to save my changes.
I am going to enjoy what time I have left with a nice cool drink and a good book in my air-conditioned house.