Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Author of the Month -- The Best Kevin Henkes ideas


 Kevin Henkes in the Author of the Month in First Grade right now and I thought I would share the top ten ideas I found on Pinterest. 

1.  First find all your books by Kevin Henkes and look for more at the library.   
2.  These are my favorite author posters..and this packet has a Kevin Henkes Poster.
Becca Carlton Teaching Resources
3.  This is cute Kevin Henkes art project by The Educators Spin on it....
source
4.  After I read Chrysanthemum I love to have the kids draw a portrait and make rainbow names.  


5.  This is by far my favorite anchor chart at the beginning of the school year.  
source
It helps set the tone for the whole school year as we talk about how to get along with all our new friends. 

6.  On my CKPRIMARY teaching site I added some links to stories on youtube by Kevin Henkes.  They are great for snack time.  I will be updating this site as the year goes on.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...