Friday, September 23, 2016

Five for Friday -- Sept. 23


1. The highlight of my week was watching my little grand daughter crawl up the steps with ease.  She is working so hard at PT to learn how to walk and become mobile and each time she makes it over a hurdle we can't help but shout it out!   

2. I love the term "Whole Body Listening" and have been using this with all the groups I am working with.  I have also shared this information with all the teachers at my school.  


3.  Another thing I did for all the teachers at my school was to find some Kevin Henkes resources for them.  

4.  The Best Part of Me is an awesome writing lesson.  It is a must in your writing workshop repertoire. One of our are first grade teachers did this lesson all week in class and it was amazing. It is a great lesson for teaching adjectives and adding more details in writing. Below are some links I found that will help you put together an amazing lesson.






5. Finally, I read the book The Guernsey Literary and Potato Pie Society.  It was an interesting format to read.  It was written in letter form which makes it easy to read and find breaking points.  I would give it 3 stars.  



Thanks Kacey from Doodle Bugs for hosting this linky party.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...