1. My favorite event this week was we took my grand-daughter to a community event at the zoo. She loves seeing the animals at the zoo. I think the elephants and giraffes are her favorite. We also took her on her first train ride and had ice cream. Look at her face we were not even out of the train station and she was so excited.
2. Another thing I did for myself this week I took some time to myself and had a mini retreat. I took my notebook and my laptop and went down to the Third Ward to Starbucks and read an e-book, A Guide to Giving Yourself a Personal Planning Day. It was wonderful to spend some time reading, thinking and setting some goals.
3. I've been working on this project on and off for the last month. I just decided to kick it in gear and get it down. I created a memory book for my grand-daughter. It contains all the photos from our week together in June.
4. I created two collages for teaching verbs and adjectives and more sheets for the writing journals.
5. This year for summer reading I am reading some fiction books. I read Me Before You because another teacher recommended it to me. Then I read Me After You, both are great books.
Thank you Kacey for hosting the linky party each week.