Wednesday, August 12, 2015

My Home Away from Home

source

There was a time was I first started teaching that I didn't have a teacher's desk.  In fact I thought it wasn't necessary because I thought I wanted all the space in the room to be for the children.  However after 20 some years of teaching I have come to realize I spend more time at school than I do at home.  And yes, I do need some me space, because I do spend at least two hours or more a day in that room without children cleaning and getting ready for the next day.  


This is one of the most important things I have for myself.....a place to put my keys.  If you are a little bit older like me...you are always looking for things and if you give them a usable home then you don't need to worry about where things are.  
Here is my locker.  I have some family pictures in it and my comfort bags with all the daily necessities.  The two hooks in my locker are for my recess whistle and my work id.  I also keep a small air freshener and snow pants (I live in Wisconsin.)  


My next stop in the morning is my refrigerator.  I always bring a cold lunch to school and I keep cold water to refill my cup.  


Here is my desk.  Of course I have more family pictures and vacation pictures.  I always have my calendar and lesson plan book on top of the desk.  I also have the my marker carousel from PB that I just love.  
   
My desk drawer has a couple personal things and must have office supplies.  My desk is next to the window so can have to shelf space as well.
Just like at home, everything as a spot.  Even the kiddos in my class will learn where everything goes.  
One last thing I have for myself is my Power Thought cards.  I like to read them the first thing in the morning and the last thing before I leave.   They are just a gentle reminder to me of my personal daily goals.  

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...