Tuesday, August 18, 2015

My Classroom.....The Reading Center

 I have spent two weeks cleaning and fussing in my classroom.  The first thing I want to share with you is the focus of my classroom....The Reading Center.  It takes up a good chunk of space in my classroom.  I changed the way I organized my reading center two years ago after I read the book, The Book Whisper.  The reading center is the favorite area of the children.  
 Just like most primary teachers I have labeled my books so that the students are able to find and put away books on their own. 
 I love the book display cart I purchased last year.  I am able to display theme books throughout the year.  On the back side I like to  display class books.  

 My reading center is broken into to parts.  This is what the back side of the reading center looks like.  It also includes a larger round table.  I have all my take home leveled books in one area.  

I have worked really hard to create an inviting, fun, bright and cozy space for my first graders to curl up with a good book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...