I survived my first two days of school.
I have to say I have a wonderful class of fifteen children. They are so well behaved. It is so hard to start re-training a new class.
1. The first thing that I was excited about was finishing my classroom. It sure takes a long time to put together a classroom. Each detail it so important.
2. I also decided to go "old school" again with teaching poetry. For years I had my poems on the smart board. I found that as a class we only read the poems once or twice a week. When I had the poems on chart paper the class and I read the poems a lot more. So I am printing all my poems on chart paper this year.
3. I put together a photo collage of my granddaughter "reading books" for the reading center. I love looking at it throughout the day.
4. I finally put the finishing touches on my classroom door. I thought it was funny today.....one of my students said "I know what our classroom theme is.......ladybugs."
5. Once again I did my favorite first day of school activity. I had my students draw a self-portrait and made mosaic rainbow names. The kids loved the project and it looks amazing in the classroom. I leave it all the whole school year. It is so cheerful to look at the cute faces.
Thank you Kacey at Doodle Bugs for hosting the linky party.