Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Welcome Notes




 Well, this was truly a sign that summer vacation is coming to an end.  Today I had to send out my Welcome letters to my new first graders.  I decided to do something totally different this year.  I decided to make it a Welcome Flyer.  I found this adorable idea on Teachers Pay Teachers.  
source
Kristen at Chalk and Apples created this wonderful pack that you can edit.  This is so great.  I was able to come up with the topics I wanted my new students to know for the first week of school. 
  • Class Information--Let the children know that they are in my class.
  • Morning Snack--I wanted to make sure they had a snack for the first day of school.  It is so sad to watch a child rummage through the entire backpack and not be able to find a snack.
  • Daily Schedule--Remind parents when school begins and ends and what time lunch is.
  • The First Grade News--I wanted to make sure the parents understood the importance of the newsletter.  It is the only place they will find the spelling words and math homework.
  • Homework--Here I explain the homework expectations for the year including the Reading Log.
  • Webgrader--This will be the first year the parents will be able to view their child's grades online.  I want them to be careful not to through away the note that comes home the second week of school with their username and password.
  • School Supplies--I feel you can never have enough copies of the School Supply list.     
My only disappointment and maybe it is just me being computer challenged but I was not able to save my changes.  
I am going to enjoy what time I have left with a nice cool drink and a good book in my air-conditioned house.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...