Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Gingerbread Fun


The Gingerbread Chase Class Book

Ok, I’m a little late with this post, however I figure better late than never.  You can file this idea away for next year. 

I do this lesson every year and my little ones enjoy it all the time.  As you know I have a little gingerbread house in my classroom.  The week I introduce the gingerbread house I also read gingerbread stories.  My favorite gingerbread story is, The Gingerbread Man, by Jim Aylesworth.

After we read the story the children make a class book called The Gingerbread Chase. 

I have a bunch of animal names and pictures on sentence strips that the children pick from for this lesson.  The children draw a picture of their animal and a background.


When they finish they color another gingerbread page that they use to review sight words in the class book.

I read the book to the children as they enjoy their gingerbread cookies that they decorated during centers.

Here is some of the art work the children made during the week with my paraprofessional.  She went crazy on her own this year and added their faces to the cut out.  I think it turned out so cute. 
 If you would like to add The Gingerbread Chase to your wishlist for next year please go to my TPT store.  Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...