Wednesday, January 8, 2020

January Sensory Bins

January Sensory Bins
This year I am working with three year olds.  So I am searching and creating more social
and early literacy activities.  One of the things I have found is that the little ones really like
Sensory Bins.  Sensory Bins can be almost anything and I have found the simplest things
are the best. 

The boys are very interested in construction trucks, firetrucks and pretty much any type of
trucks.  So I decided to create a snowy village for the sensory table. I picked up the snow,
trucks, and town all on Amazon. But I'm sure you can use anything you have.   

We have lots of imaginative play going on.  I love how they drive to the restaurant to get hot
dogs.  They drive to the gas station to get donuts. They drive to school to pick up their pick
up their sister.  Then they go home to mommy. It is so adorable. 
  

The second bin I created is a penguin bin.  I used water beads for the first time and plastic
penguins.    I also added some spoons and containers.  But to be honest the kids just love
the beads, containers and spoons.  They don’t really play with the penguins. However, they
are having fun.  I use containers left over from applesauce, pudding and the cover to my Tide
bottle.

Another fun activity the kids are playing is patterning with penguins and icebergs. 

They are working on counting, AB patterning and colors depending on each child needs.  
  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...