I did take some "me time" to do a project I wanted to do for some time. I had this idea in my head and it took me a while to pull it together. However once the pieces fell in place it came together so easily. I traced book characters on Shrink-E-Dink material using Sharpies. Before I put the characters in the oven I punched a hole on the top so I could place a ribbon through each one.
Now these adorable characters are hanging up in my reading classroom. I enjoy watching the children come into the room each morning to look at the characters on the tree. The younger students seem to be surprised each time as if new characters are added.