Thursday, December 21, 2017

A Little Decorating for the Holiday Season

I was a bit inspired by Instagram with the Christmas book decorating.  I only have a short amount of time with my reading groups so I didn't have time for my students to create something.  Therefore, I put together something quick and simple for my reading classroom door.  As you can tell from my lack of blogging my time and focus right now is divided between family and school.  So this door had to be simple.  I cut out stars with the paper cutter at school and used some old dust jackets from some books.  I added some ribbon and there you go, so simple Christmas door.  
I did take some "me time" to do a project I wanted to do for some time.  I had this idea in my head and it took me a while to pull it together.  However once the pieces fell in place it came together so easily.  I traced book characters on Shrink-E-Dink material using Sharpies.  Before I put the characters in the oven I punched a hole on the top so I could place a ribbon through each one.  
Now these adorable characters are hanging up in my reading classroom.  I enjoy watching the children come into the room each morning to look at the characters on the tree.  The younger students seem to be surprised each time as if new characters are added.  
  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...