Monday, June 19, 2017

Oriental Trading's Updated Website Learn 365

Oriental Trading Company Learn 365
 Oriental Trading Company is rolling out their new teacher website this week Learn 365 and asked me to write a post about a couple of their products that will be useful in my teaching.  I am so grateful for the wonderful resources.  I found some amazing products for teaching young children.  I am impressed with the selection and quality of the products they offer.  I love that they offer Melissa and Doug products and Learning Resource products on their site. 

  One of the things I noticed with the little four year olds I was working with is that they also needed to work on some colors as well as alphabet the number awareness skills.

So when I found these alphabet bean bags I was super excited that they were in different colors.  I can use them for two activities color sorting/basic counting and of course alphabet games.  I also plan on using them for some spelling activities with the first and second graders as well.  I think these bean bags will be a wonderful addition to my teaching resource bag. 
Alphabet Bean Bags
I was so excited to get this Alphabet Phonics books.  What I like about these books are two fold:  1.  The books are not just the beginning sounds.  They have ending sounds as well.  The vowel books have short and long sound words.  2.  You get the entire alphabet for $10.  That is an amazing deal!  They are nice small square books for little hands.  I plan on using these books with the K5 and First Graders who are struggling with their sounds.  
ABC Phonics Books
I just love these color boxes.  I picked these out with my little grand daughter in mind.  She is learning new vocabulary and color words and this activity fits the bill perfectly!  The little vocabulary cards have wonderful simple photos on them.  The cards are well made and easy for little hands to handle.  My grand daughter loves the pictures, and the objects are things she recognizes from her environment. She loves putting the cards in the little slots on the boxes.  Right now we are only using two boxes at a time however you can change up the activity and tailor it towards each students learning needs.   
Color Sorting Boxes
This is another open-ended activity that you can change and adapt to the student's needs as well.  The game comes with a color dice and two number dice so you can play all kinds of games: colors, patterns, number awareness, basic counting, and early addition and subtraction.  So many possibilities and I know little boys are going to love the "race car" format.  I picked this game because I thought I could lots of different things with it.  
Learning Resources Mini Motor Math Activity Set
These number duckies are adorable....and what child does not like to play and learn in the water.  It is going to be so much fun picking up the ducks and looking at the numbers to identify.  However my grand daughter is not ready for number identification yet so we are using the colorful ducks to learn our colors.  You can really use this activity for two different purposes.  It was a lot of fun.  
1,2,3 Number Rubber Duckies
This MAGNETIC shape sorting activity is very open ended.  You can do so many different sorts.  I can not wait to try this out with my students.  I love that it is magnetic, my students love working on a magnetic board.  
Shape Sorting Magnets
Thank you to Oriental Trading Company for the above products.  I was given the products in exchange for this post.  All the opinions and thoughts are my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...