Monday, June 26, 2017

2017 Home Reading Logs

I know there are pros and cons to Home Reading Logs, the biggest con is correcting them all.  However I know my students will read at home IF it is assigned homework.  So I go through the hassle each week because I believe that reading is the most important thing my students need to do each night for review.  

Most school days I send home a guided reading book for the students to practice at home and I let them pick one book for enjoyment that a parent can read to them.  If I am not sending home a guided reading book then they can pick a level book from the basket.  I have lots of books for the children to pick from in my classroom to take home. I have been teaching for lots of years so I have enough books to change monthly. 
As the school year goes on I introduce the story elements during shared reading and the students look for these on these classroom logs as well as there homework logs.  These are the home reading logs I used in my first grade classroom.  I updated them for the new school year.
TPT Store
This is the Second Grade Home Reading Logs I created for one of the teachers at my school.  She wanted a fun way for her students to review what she was working on in class.  Second grade readers read longer books so her expectation is that they read one book a night. 
TPT Store

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...