Monday, March 13, 2017

Teaching Letter Writing and Story Elements



I use the bookmarks as a guide to help my students with spelling and as a reminder of what I expect in their letters.

On Monday each child picks a book at his/her reading level.  Then they practice reading it in class by themselves and with
their friends each day. They take the books home each night to practice with their families.  I also try to check in during the week.  

On Thursday the students begin to write their letters to me.  When I introduce this project each year I start simple with
one or two elements and we add a new element each week as we feel comfortable writing.
When the students complete their letter they sit down and conference with me. We talk about each sentence and we discuss the positives and what we can work towards next week.  After our conference the children draw a picture on the back of the paper.



You can get your FREE copy of the bookmarks and letter writing papers at my TPT store HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...