Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Winter Sensory Table

I have been spending a lot of time over at my little grand daughter's house watching and playing with her and her new little brother.  

One of the things I put together for her after the first snow this year was a Winter Sensory Bucket.  It was super easy to do.  First of all I took into consideration how much she loves to put things into containers and make noise. 

So I found some little plastic spice bottles that were almost empty and cleaned them out for her.  Then I found some cotton for something soft for her to feel and tear apart.  Next, I put in some silver and white bells for some added fun.  She loves the jingle bells.  She put the bells in the containers and shakes them and smiles.   
I found some plastic arctic animals and penguins at Michaels to add to the bin.  In my basement I found a dalmatian with a scarf on, I'm not sure how that fits in but she likes dogs.  

She is enjoying the table a lot.  She sits and feels the soft cotton and listens to the bells jingle.  She spends a good 20 minutes putting the bells in and out of the containers.    I am working on several skills when we are playing:  1.  Sitting and standing from a chair,  2.  Working on the words in and out, 3.  I name the animals for her,(building vocabulary) 4. Cleaning up when we are finished.  

Of course she is just playing and having fun and that is the most important thing of all.....Learning is fun.      


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...