It's Friday again and I didn't get to work much this week on my school projects. My dear mother-in-law passed away and we have been busy working with my husband's family to get all the necessary arrangements taken care of. Although we will miss her dearly we know she is with grandpa in heaven now and that gives us peace.
1. This week I organized some materials for teaching transitions. I will be able to stretch these materials out for several lessons because my mini lessons are generally under 10 minutes.
2. Another big project I finished this week was cleaning up our guest bedroom. It took me all month to organize and go through all the stuff we had in there.
3. A fun activity I did this week was going to see two of my former students perform in a community play. I went with several other teachers. We went out to eat and then to the play, The Little Mermaid. It is so much fun to see my students now that they are older.
4. Summer is so relaxing. I was able to finish reading another book this week. I am desperately trying to be more of a morning person so I read, The Miracle Morning. I made two suggestions from the book for myself. A vision collage for my desk and a morning book of affirmations.
5. Finally I spent some time making book labels for the new first grade teacher at our school. I have a google drive full of labels.