Sunday, February 1, 2015

101 Day Freebie and Ideas


I don’t know why or how this happened but several people purchased my 101 packet in January.  I was so surprised when I looked at my dashboard on TPT.  Apparently I don’t get emails anymore when someone purchases something or leaves a comment.  I will have to look in my spam folder. 

Anyways,  I was in the process of getting organized for 101 day in my classroom this week and I made some updates to the unit. 



First I added a wonderful poem by Leroy Jackson, unfortunately I don’t remember where I found it.   You can get the poem for FREE just CLICK HERE. 

I made a homework sheet for it as well.  I loved the poem because we are working on short and long i this week so it worked perfect for phonics. 
TPT Store

In my updated unit I created one of those I SPY sheets and I am going to use it for adding three numbers.  I left if blank in case you wanted to do something different.  I also put in making small words with the big word Dalmatians.    My class loves doing this activity. 


I found a cute art idea on Pinterest.   I will let the kids make their own and I want them to name their dogs.   The children will do a writing assignment as well. I want them to write several facts about dogs.   This dog is made by an adult, I know the first graders will create something just as cute.  This is such a good idea. I can't wait to see their creations.   I'll let you know how it works out.  
source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...