Monday, October 1, 2012

Book Making in the Writing Center


From the Writing Center

After reading the book, In Pictures and In Words, I decided I would have the children write letters, notes, cards and books this year instead of a journal. 

I have introduced letter writing and card making so far but today I introduced book making in my classroom.  The children make several different types of books.
Picture Books


I love the backgrounds that the children added to the pictures.  
Simple Word Books

 I can easily observe that my students understand the word "the!"
Simple Sentence Books
This is awesome, this is the only student who was able to use all the words in the writing center.  I love that he tried to sound out the word circle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...