Friday, August 17, 2012

Science Center



This is my new improved science center.  My goal this year is to encourage my students to do more observing in the science center.  I put up this board I found in a closet.   I want to have the children brainstorm with me words to use to observe in the science area.   As we work it through together I will add the words up on the board. 

I am going to introduce the area using the beans.  
I put them in some old coffee mate jars. 

We are going to start with how do scientists experience the world around them?  Then work our way to how can we use our sense of sight to describe beans.  

1 comment:

  1. Keep us posted. I want to do more with my science center and this will be a good start. Thanx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...