Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I Pad Center


The I-Pad Station


I will hopefully have three i-pads in my classroom this year so I set up two different stations for the children.   They are across the room from each other hopefully that will help with noise level.  

I put “I Can” directions in the stations.

The biggest problem I had with the i-pad last year was that the children could not write the title of the story they listened to on the i-pad on their paper.  So I created this chart,

Hopefully this will help with the problem.   I want the children to write the titles if possible.  I laminated the cards and I can circle the title I want them to listen to when it goes with our theme.  I have almost 40 stories on my i pad now.  I try to get apps when they are under $1 or $2.  

I do  have some headphones, however I need to pick up some more.   I also want to find this neat gadget I saw on Pinterest.    This gadget will allow two children to listen to the same story at one time.  


3 comments:

  1. Oh, I am jealous! I am planning to write a grant for iPads this year. The headphone splitter is available on Amazon for $1.99. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,

    Three, lucky you. I have a grant coming in September but it will only cover one. Hopefully we will get some funds from our parent group to purchase a second one. The splitter is an excellent idea though, I had not seen it. Lucky us that Laura found it.

    Liz :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...