Friday, July 27, 2012

Kids Love Music



My little ones always like to sing.  However I have to admit, singing is not my thing.  I would like to add more music to my classroom so I am planning on purchasing an i-home for my classroom this year.   Maybe I can find one for the i-pad and i-pod all in one.  

I have my old i-pod that I thought  I would like to upload some great fun songs for the kids that we could use for transitions.   

However I do not have little children at my house and I do not a lot of fun songs kids would like. 

I just have my favorite teaching songs.   

This is my list of favorite songs:
  • The Freeze Dance  from Kids in Motion  by Greg and Steve
  • ABC Rock  by Greg and Steve
  • Number Rock by Greg and Steve
  • Rainbow Planet  by Jim Valley
Do you have suggestions for me..... songs that you know are a hit with your little ones ?  I would love to hear from you.  

6 comments:

  1. My kinders LOVE Jack Hartmann's version of Too-de-ta, The Pirate Song, and The Cool Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. They also LOVE Kiss Your Brain by Dr. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sue, My kids also like many of the Dr. Jean songs--If You're Happy, Couch Potato Pokey, Button Factory, Peanut Butter, Macarana Math. They also like to dance to the Pete the Cat songs. At Halloween, there is a really cute song called Knock Knock, Trick or Treat they absolutely LOVE. When I ask for requests it is the one song they always ask for, no matter the time of the year. If you put in the title and you tube there is a free down load for it. The same group as other fun songs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. go to youtube and find the Skeleton dance and harry Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids love all of Dr. Jean's song and also songs from Mr. Al's CDs. Harry Kindergarten youtube stuff is great too! :)
    Come by my blog and check out my giveaway!
    My Kindergarten Kids

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue,

    My Kinders love Raffi, Charlotte Diamond and all of the traditional kid songs like; My Puppy in the window, Over in the meadow,Head and Shoulders and strangely enough that old lullaby Hush Little Baby. Last year we had a few baby siblings born during the school year and I purchased Mother Goose anthologies for them. Before the books were wrapped and sent home we sang all of the songs for about a week and the lullaby just stuck with my kinders.

    Thanks for sharing,

    Liz :)

    http://crazyforkindergarten68.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...