Friday, February 24, 2012

Panda Bear, Panda Bear


Panda Bears


Did you see this book coming???  We read Bill Martin Jr. book,


The children were amazed that this book was about endangered animals.  We discussed what endangered animal meant and how we can help the animals in Gods world. 

Then we watch more about the panda at National Geographic for Kids: 


Here are two non-fiction books I read to my little ones which they enjoyed.



This clip from YouTube kind of goes along with the Panda Kindergarten books:




During Snack  Time we watched the Panda Bear, Panda Bear Story from YouTube.  I am always amazed how much my little ones love watching the stories on the smartboard. 



Then for fun we watch the Sneezing Panda on YouTube..lots of laughs here. 



Our art project today was a panda bear.so cute!


For rest time today, I read one of my favorite stories about friendship and differences.


And then for fun, I read,


After school I taped all three bear pictures together and hung them up in the hallway.  



6 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed all your posts about studying bears! Great resources! Are the art projects from TLC?
    Tonia
    Tvento1313@msn.com
    Mrsvento.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tonia for your comments. To be honest with you, I found the bear art project a couple of years ago somewhere but I do not have the original idea anymore. I only have my student sample in my art bags. I wish I did have the original so I could give credit to the proper person. I love the project and the children enjoy it as well.

      Delete
  2. I love this post. However, it made me sad to read about your rest time. My school system doesn't allow kindergarteners to have rest time after the first 9 weeks. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is sad....I feel my little ones need some kind of down time each day. During rest time I read them a couple of stories and sometimes we have student authors as well. We do some buddy reading and some quiet reading. It is a good time to relax.
      :) Sue

      Delete
  3. Sue - this is an adorable unit! I love pairing fiction and nonfiction! I am following your too cute blog! Come visit me if you like :0)

    ✿~jeannie~
    ­Kindergarten Lifestyle

    Kindergarten Lifestyle Facebook Fan Page

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...