Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Five Little Penguins



Over the years I have gone to many kindergarten workshops and classes.  I have read more magazines, books and now blogs than I can remember.  So I apologize that I do not remember where I found this wonderful idea but it is another one of those "old" ideas that I LOVE!

I have been creating this book for maybe ten years now.  This year I made it part of my January math stations.  At station number one, the children had to draw one mommy penguin and three baby chicks.  I had several sheets in the bucket to give the children an idea of how to draw penguins. 

Then when everyone finished all the stations.  I collected all the penguins and cut them out and put them together into a class book called, Five Little Penguins.  

I read the book, Antarctica to the children.  We discussed sunsets and then I let the children get to work on water coloring sunsets. 
BEAUTIFUL

If you would like a copy of Five Little Penguins Click Here :)








2 comments:

  1. I love those penguins!! So cute and each one unique...and the math tie in is great! =)
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - I just found your blog and am already a huge fan. Thanks for all the inspiration!

    I hope you'll visit my blog too
    -Lisa
    ateachersbagoftricks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...