Saturday, November 19, 2011

Idea for next year.....turkey related


This is my favorite Thanksgiving book......

Will Mrs. Gumm eat the turkey she raised from an egg on Thanksgiving?

I have so many different ideas I can do with this story.  I think each year I do something different....

  • journal writing .... prediction ....Will Mrs. Gumm eat the turkey?
  • picture retelling...draw as many items as you can remember that the turkey ate....
  • Draw the characters, the setting....What is the problem....
  • Write....Why didn't Mrs. Gumm eat the turkey?  


The list can go on forever......

Next year I found a cute follow up art activity that I will try instead of my suncatchers.

What is your favorite Thanksgiving Story?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...