Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Valentine Cards for the Elderly and Parents


I saw this idea in a recent magazine.  I torn the idea out so I could remember it.  Unfortunately I lost it so now I don't know where the idea came from.  Anyways, I thought this would be a fun project for my first graders.  Each student made two cards:  one for an elderly person in our parish and another one for their parents.  

The children thought is was fun to draw the XOXOXO after I explained it meant hugs and kisses.  I tried to get them to paint with shades reds, pinks and purples however they had their own favorite colors.  
It was very simple to do.  I cut regular construction paper to the size I needed.  Each child used their white crayons to draw the xoxoxo or hearts.  Then they watercolored the covers of the cards.  The cards were left out to dry.  Then I put them under a heavy basket to flatten them out.  

We put a little prayer inside of them...which of course I can not find now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...