Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Are You Kidding Me!!!




I have read all the books on how to create the perfect reading center.  I thought I had done an amazing job.  I have a variety of books for the children to pick from.  

All my baskets are labeled and neatly arranged.  I have pillows, chairs and tables for the children to read at.  

I even have two separate areas so the children can spread out and read with their friends.  I put a lamp in the center to make it look warm and cozy.  

At the beginning of the year I spent several weeks teaching the children how to find good books and helping them learn to take care of the center.  The children help me change out the books each month so they are aware of all the new books in the center.

Today we had a STOP, DROP and READ day and look were my class was excited to read.  















REALLY…..under their desks!

I guess this proves you don't need a fancy reading center to get your students excited about reading!  Just good books and time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...