Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!



This week in first grade is all about SNOW and Cold!  We started the week learning about what is snow...
I purchased the book, The Story of Snow, however my partner teacher found it on Tumblebooks.  So we watched it on Tumblebooks.  It was a bit long and lots of information but the kids enjoyed and learning some facts from it.  

Then I read, SnowFlake Bentley to them.  The book had a lot of information in it as well.  The first time I read it to them we focused on the story then later in the day we went back through some of the facts.  We are waiting for another snowy day to collect our own snowflakes.  Right now it is too cold to go outside for recess, -11 degrees today.  

During Shared Reading we read Snowflakes Fall, this is just a cute story.  I love the illustrations.  
Next we make our own snowflakes in science class.  The idea is from dellacreates that I found on while searching on Pinterest. We used different colored pipe cleaners so our snowflakes are fun colors.   Finally we hung up our snowflakes on some sticks with lights in the classroom. (My class wanted the sticks to have lights, luckily I found something in my basement.) 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...