Monday, December 21, 2015

Ladybugs for Christmas


As I was decorating my Christmas tree this week I was looking at all the cute ornaments my children made over the years.  I began to think won't it be nice if I gave my first graders an ornament to remember first grade.  It would have to be a ladybug ornament because that is our theme.  I quickly went to Pinterest and began to search ideas.  There were some wonderful ideas I thought I could made.  Thinking.....Thinking....Thinking.... and the more I thought about it the more I thought the kids would rather make their own.  

Now.....What supplies do I have that they could make something of their own.  

Shrinky Dinks.....of course.....quick and easy to make and it will be their own work.  I had some plastic left over from last year so this project did not cost me extra money.     I went to my graphic file and printed out some ladybugs for them to copy.  I have found this works so much better then drawing their own because they end up being super tiny.  

I gave each child a sheet of plastic and permanent markers and they got to work.  

The reading teacher popped her head in and she had some unexpected free time.   So she sat with each child and shrunk the plastic down in the toaster oven.  


This project turned out super cute and hopefully will remind them forever of First Grade 2015.  

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...