Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Getting Ready for the Last Day of Kindergarten

Today we preformed our Oceans of Fun program for our parents, we cleaned out our lockers, and we passed out everything.  However, tomorrow is our last day of kindergarten and we are going to be super busy.

We are going on our 3rd Annual Pirate Adventure.  I am so surprised but many of my kindergarteners and their parents have no idea what is going to happen.  They think we are going to play pirate games.   That is not what is going to happen.  We are going to have a pirate adventure and search for buried treasure.

Above are my clues that I will have the parents hide throughout the neighborhood.   We will get a special delivery in the morning at school, the small treasure box.  Inside the box will be eye patches(from Target) and pirate compasses ( the dollar store)  for the adventure.   We will end up at the parkway digging for treasure.

OH.....did I forget to tell you that a dad is going to dress up like a pirate.  I'll post pictures tomorrow of our adventure.

If you want to see where my partner teacher came upon this idea check out the youtube video from this teacher in California.  I just love the internet.....so much wonderful sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...