Thursday, March 10, 2011

Moon Cake


Right now I am busy making Mooncake for my class.  I am waiting for the ice cream to melt.  

This is a wonderful story to read to the children.  There is a lot of opportunity for discussion.....what is really happening.....where is bear.......

After the story I serve "Mooncake" to the children.   Some children think I will bring in snow for them to eat.  This time of year the snow looks a little brown and yucky.  

I found this recipe years ago and it works perfect.

2-half gallon size vanilla ice cream cartons    soften
1 frozen lemonade concentrate  thawed

  1. Mix or Blend One carton of ice cream with 1/2 of lemonade concentrate ...pour into a 9 x 13 pan.
  2. Mix or Blend the other carton of ice cream with the rest of the lemonade concentrate...pour into pan.
  3. Freeze Overnight.
  4. Thaw Just A Bit before Serving
The kids love it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...